1936 - Four Short Stories in Four Months
Cast Changes: Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy were leaving as did Marianne Edwards and Matthew Beard. Ralph Neely, Pat Donovan, Vernon Dent, Bud Jamison and Rosina Lawrence were added.
NOT a parody of the Simpsons' "22 Short Films About Springfield."
Plot: It's between January, February, September and November, Charley, the Rascals, the Stooges and Marla had major stories until the madness going on between Bud Jamison and James C. Morton.
It was January, Charley was with Rosina Lawrence and Darla playing as parents and their daughter. Rosina got the pie, and the pie fell into Charley's shoe.
Ralph Neely fell in love with Marla as Mel Street was singing "Lovin' On Back Streets" on the record. Four guys, John, D.D., Larry and Pat Donovan heard the song as Pat said, "That's the Signal" as he saw them with a key hole.
Marla: Ralph, I'm worried about you.
Ralph: I know, darling.
Marla: I was just thinking about happiness, isn't it.
Ralph: I guess it is, Marla.
Vernon Dent was eating food as the Stooges saw him. Vernon chases them, and has a brief chat about the war. Marla was reading a letter from Moe, and confirms that they rejected the war because of being too old.
The next month, Suzanne Kaaren testifies about the murder of a bird. Marla also had a letter from Bud Jamison about the death of Thelma Todd two months prior. The Stooges were kicked out at the train.
In September, Rosina is a new teacher, and during recess, Porky is talking. The next day after school, Joe Cobb had a cameo as he and other kids saw the Romeo and Juliet play, because Darla had a bad smell.
Two months later, a month after Mel fatally committed suicide, Marla was with Tracy, Elton and Joe for a conversation.
Marla: Mr. Morton is out of whack after Mel was dead. Even now, I'm watching TV with you guys.
Joe: Hey, never seen that guy.
Elton: Me too, I was just worth it.
Tracy: You know something, Marla, I was thinking of you when Mel was dead, my wife Patricia was telling me about the past.
Marla: So sorry to hear it, Tracy.
The three guys and Marla were watching Mel on TV, and a knock on the door after that, it was James. James told the four football stars to sit down, and he got mad at them.
James: You see here, what is all this rumpus?
Pat: Sir, it took ten months to figure this out.
D.D.: That's right, I was thinking about Marla anyway.
The three racing guys heard Bud saying to the others, and they got their ears shut. James got mad at Marla one more time, and she was crying in her bedroom. Buckwheat and Porky were playing around in school, and Porky said, "Otay."
John told Marla in this final scene about sadness and madness, and that story is dedicated to Mel.
Marla had a relationship with a married football star Ralph Neely, and the Stooges were still old to join the war in "Half Shot Shooters."
Comments
Post a Comment